Senior UC Network Engineer – San Diego, CA
Senior UC Network Engineer - San Diego, CA
Reporting to the Engineering Services Manager, you will be creating, managing, and manipulating software applications related to the management and reporting of ongoing projects, as well as providing project status and updates. You will make extensive use of your skills with business writing and your facility in a team environment as well as your ability to troubleshoot and resolve network related problems. Additionally, you will perform the following duties:
- Assume the role of Lead Engineer on implementation projects of varying sizes and scopes
- Assist Project Lead Engineer in implementation of assigned tasks
- Resolve and manage customer support issues when necessary
- Complete documentation, reporting and time submission requirements
- Provide mentorship for junior technical staff
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be a motivated team player with experience in the configuration and implementation of Cisco Unified Communications products (CUCM, Unity, UCCX), in addition to experience with advanced routing and switching protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, Spanning Tree, Quality of Service, 802.1q, etc). This should include the ability to configure, implement and test advanced LAN/WAN networks and their related components as well as the following additional skill and experience requirements:
- 2 years field experience with IP telephony systems and protocols
- 5 years field experience with LAN/WAN network support and troubleshooting
- Experience with Cisco Unified Contact Center is a must
- Experience scripting for Contact Center is also a must
- Cisco CCNA / CCDA or equivalent networking experience at a minimum
- Preferred Cisco CCNP Collaboration
Xceptional Networks provides consulting services across many different enterprise infrastructure technologies and with that in mind, candidates with additional experience with any solutions below, while not required, will be given preferential treatment.
- Experience with VMWare vSphere and vCenter installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with Microsoft Server and or Redhat Linux product installation, configuration and troubleshooting. (RHEL, MS Windows 2003, 2008 server, Exchange, Clustering, etc.)
- Experience with storage products from EMC, NetApp and/or other manufacturers
At Xceptional Networks, we focus on providing the highest quality advanced technology products and services to meet our clients’ business’ individual needs. We pride ourselves on providing superior customer service so that as our clients’ company infrastructure needs evolve, so will their relationship and trust in Xceptional Network’s highly skilled engineering and customer service team.
Our staff does an exceptional job of serving our great clientele, and in return we ensure that our team enjoys a casual, flexible workplace as well as lots of room to grow professionally. If you enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced environment, a small company where everyone applies their experience and talents to the utmost but where we also know how to have fun, consider joining us as a UC Network Engineer.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive annual salary and an excellent benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To inquire, please email firstname.lastname@example.org