Junior Service Desk Engineer
Reports To: Service Desk Manager
Compensation: $15.00/hr, with comprehensive benefits package.
IT company seeks entry-level Helpdesk Engineer.
Who We Are:
Rapidly growing San Diego-based provider of IT Services and Solutions. We are engineers, architects, problem solvers, and friends. We LIKE our clients. We are dedicated to doing it better every time.
Who You Are:
A person with a passion for technology. You are always fixing your friends’ laptops, and you’re the first person your cousin calls when they have trouble with their wifi. You have experience in customer service and want to start on the path to a career in IT. You flourish as a part of a team while working hard to differentiate yourself. You enjoy being mentored and create opportunities for personal and professional growth. You have no trouble keeping up in a fast paced environment, and are adept at educating yourself as you encounter new concepts and ideas.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a first line of defense to the service desk team
- Resolve desktop level issues for clients such as password resets and “I can’t print” tickets
- Work assigned tickets
- Escalate tickets in a timely manner
- Perform monthly/quarterly proactive maintenance at client locations
- Cover help desk support line as needed
- Provide support to the help desk for Line of Business applications
- Identify systemic issues in day-to-day operations and work to either correct or escalate with the engineering team
- Schedule and coordinate installation work with clients
- Schedule and coordinate maintenance and systems repairs with clients
- Participate in projects as a contributing technician as tasked
- Convey understanding and competency in communications to clients and co-workers
- Contribute to the improvement of process
- Work collaboratively and escalate issues to the team in a timely, solutions focused way
Qualifications and Requirements
- 1+ years customer service experience
- 1+ years working with Windows
- Experience with installing software
- Experience with installing printers and other devices
- Technological “savvy”
- Solutions oriented mindset
- Growth mentality
- Reliable vehicle and willing and able to travel in Southern California
At Xceptional, our people are our greatest asset! Xceptional benefits include:
- Casual, fun work environment
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401K and FSA Plans
- 11 Paid Holidays/year
- 120 hours PTO accrued annually
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Partial work from home program (for employees in good standing)
- Technical training program, which includes training materials, paid training time, and bonuses for certifications
- A bounty of snacks, drinks, and coffee to keep you fed and caffeinated in the office
- Employee benefits hub offering a wide range of discounted goods and services
To Apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com, with the job title in the subject line. We read cover letters and recommendation letters as well, so please feel free to include any supplementary materials that might help us get to know you better.
Xceptional is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.